Sunday, July 27, 2008

I Will See It When I Believe It

I was talking to my son and I said, "I will see it when I believe it." He said, "What did you say?" I realized that I had meant to say, "I will believe it when I see it." But after thinking for a second, I realized how powerful, "I will see it when I believe it," really is.

I thought that I had come up with a wonderful new quote, only to find that Dr. Wayne Dyer had written a book with a similar title. I have not read the book but this is a powerful concept. If we can see something being in our life we can create it. If I can see my son being successful I can start believing the possibility of it happening. More important my belief in him may influence his belief in himself.

Our beliefs influence our behavior, which in turn, influence our results. Changing how we see the world will change our behavior and give us different results. As Stephen Covey points out everything is created twice. We create something first mentally, than physically.

One of my favorite quotes is, "We don't see the world as it is, we see the world as we are." If we see the world as abundant and good, it will be. If we see the world as sparse and bad, it will be. We have the choice to choose the world the way we want. So, "I Will See It When I Believe It," is powerful. And that is something to think and write about.

Jana Ruth
Author of "Laugh and Live Happier: P.L.A.Y.S. for Life
www.janaruthbiz
www.laughandlivehappier.com
www.laughingworld.blogspot.com

No comments: